It helps empower interactive website pages, and this is an indispensable factor in building web pages. It is a multi-paradigm programming language and supports event-driven, imperative, and functional styles.
What is Typescript?
Why Do We Need to Use TypeScript?
Is TypeScript Suitable for Frontend or Backend?
Types of TypeScript
- Unknown and Any: Unknown is the type-safe system of this type of Typescript, and it can cover Any (anything you wish for). It is employed widely to define all the incoming variables that are not validated and the types of which are unknown.
- Void: The void Typescript is used when no value needs to be returned. It is generally used for the return type of function that returns nothing.
- Never: It is the return type for something that should ever happen—for instance, an exception-throwing function.
- Union and Intersection Types: Such types enable the developers to create custom types as per the logic. The intersection types allow you to combine several basic types into a single type, whereas the union type allows the developers to take several basic types.
Features of TypeScript
- Static Typing: It refers to the process where the developer has to declare the variable type. It helps the developers with the early detection of bugs, completing codes rapidly and much more.
It has several other features as well, that include;
- Feasible to use annotations and static typing.
- It helps boost productivity and is easy to maintain.
- Problems are detected at early stages, and debugging is simple.
- Object-oriented features are supported, such as inheritance, interfaces and classes.
Advantages of TypeScript
The use of Typescript has several advantages accompanied, and it makes development easy and convenient. Some of the reasons behind using Typescript are listed below:
- It is the perfect solution for smaller teams and web projects.
Uses of Typescript
- When starting with a novel project, we recommend you use Typescript that employs React and the ones that are not accustomed to its API.
- Typescript is an ideal choice for huge projects or a project with too many developers involved. In communicating API, the interface of Typescript and access modifiers provides added advantages.