Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure which is used to enhance the look of your skin by increasing the production of collagen. It is an outpatient procedure where you are allowed to go back to your home on the same day of the procedure. However, after the procedure, you might notice some redness and swelling in your skin which generally goes away after a few days. The doctor will advise you to use an ice pack and also to stay away from the sun for a couple of days. In this process, small needles are used to create micro pores in the skin. In doing so, the process creates new collagen that makes the skin firm and smooth.
Benefits of microneedling from Alpharetta aesthetics:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines: With age and various other factors, your skin might develop fine lines and wrinkles. Microneedling creates small injuries which enhance the production of collagen which helps fight wrinkles. This process also helps to produce new skin cells which make the fine lines disappear.
- Treats scars: During the process of microneedling, collagen and elastin production gets stimulated which treats the scars caused due to acne.
- Addresses damages caused due to sun: Microneedling treats hyperpigmentation and age spots caused due to sudden damage. The brown complexion that is developed due to overexposure to the sun is treated in this process by stimulating the production of collagen.
- Makes you look young: With age, the elasticity of your skin gets lost which makes your skin look dull. Microneedling produces collagen and improves the structure of the skin giving a fresh glow.
- Reduces pores: Although microneedling creates tiny holes in your skin, it doesn’t make your pores any larger. With the production of collagen, the pores get smaller and with further treatment, they even disappear.
- Reduces stretch marks: Microneedling can be used anywhere on the body, even in the areas where you have stretch marks. Microneedling helps reduce the appearance of your stretch marks by enhancing the production of collagen.
- Minimal side-effect: The results that you get with micro needling are almost as good as laser and chemical peel treatments but with fewer side-effects. The recovery period is less and you can get back to your work within a couple of days.
Micro needling is an effective treatment to improve the appearance of your skin. It is a very safe treatment option that can be availed by people of various ages.